2011年4月3日 星期日

A Story (Part 9)

Lythia dropped her spoon and started to mutter something. Her expression showed sadness, angryness, and confusion.
"Lythia, are you okay?" Asked Beckor, worried.
"What?" Lythia choked. "You seemed to be less selfish." She was trying to hide her emotion and thoughts.
"You were not like you. Muttering the things."
"Just... thinking 'bout my childhood."
"Childhood, you mean your past." Beckor stopped to eat, and spoke again. "Can you tell me?"
"Huh?"
"About your past." Lythia was silent. Beckor looked at her for a moment and understood.
"You don't need to tell me if you don't want to."
"I want to," said Lythia, "but not now."
They finished their lunch then.
"So...how do we play the-" Beckor was interrupted by Lythia's tap on the shoulder.
"What?" he asked.
"Tell me your story."
"'Kay." Beckor took a big breath and began.
"When I was little, I lived in a walthy family. My parents sold things. They were both really good at fighting. Mom fought like water, soft and swift and light. Dad fought like steel, hard, slow, and heavy. Both were sharp. Dad fought with a weapon mostly, and Mom fought with bare hands.
"They taught me how to fight part by part and how to make living. When I got bored, Mom would do her flight. She looked like a buffterfly, very beautiful. I was always very proud because of a beautiful mom, a handsome dad and they gave birth to my good-looking." Lythia chuckled.
"What's so funny?"
"Nothing. Go on."
"There was also a friend, whose name I could not repeat, and who made my life miserable. He was our best friend. My parents always let him do anything. But one day, the friend was drunk when he came to find us. He yelled things at us, and we found that he was jealous of us. My dad and him argued, and then fought. Soon, the guy took away Dad's weapon and killed him. Mom died, too, trying to defend Dad and stop the guy.
"I was pretty lucky; when I saw what had happened, confusion and anger filled me. I leapt at him, but I was too weak. He sliced me with my father's knife and I fainted. He must have thought I died, because he was nowhere to be seen when I woke up.
"I never trusted anyone ever again."
"That's why you were so angry last night."
"Yeah. I made sure everything was all right last night, I even went to look at the magical box. I felf a great relief when I found that you werng weren't lying to me."
"You don't need to be so suspicious anymore. You have friends now."
Beckor hugged her as tears roled down his cheeks.

沒有留言: