2011年1月22日 星期六

A Story (Part 2)

When the boy woke up, he was in a cave. There was a girl about his age by his side. He wanted to sit up, but the girl pushed him back.
"Lay down. You are terribly injured. I'm Lythia. What's your name?" The girl's voice was quite deep (for a girl) and strong.
"I'm Beckor. Was it a dream?"
"What?"
"The creature."
"No." She pointed to the entrance of the cave. It's a Chinese dragon of mine. Her name is Sophia."
"Wh--"
"Don't ask. Enjoy your breakfast, I'm going to hunt. And don't try to get out. There are a lot of animals out there, and don't even think about beating Sophia. She is way stronger and better at fighting than you are."

It was noon already before she was back. She was carrying a big bag full of desert animals.
"What's for lunch?" Beckor asked.
"Desert rabbits. Help me with these. From now on, you are going to live with me. I'll tell you why at dinner time. Everyday, I'll leave in the morning to hunt, you and Sophia will guard the cave. Remember, Sophia and I are the boss here, not you. I'm stronger and better than you are, and she is more than I am." Said Lythia.
They finished peeling of the skin of the rabbit when Lythia finished her talk.

Then Lythia made an armor for Beckor. It had scales from the dragon and cloth that can protect people from everything. After that, Lythia took out a new, shiny, sharp sword from another room, and gave it to Beckor.
"Don't use the old one you had. It's not good enough. Use this one from now, and wear the armor every time you fight. It can protect you from knives and swords and any other weapon. The sword can cut through anything except for the armor."

Then Lythia showed Beckor the rooms and her territory in the desert, but she left out a room.
"What's in the room? Why did you left it out?" Asked Beckor curiously.
"An animal."
"Can you open the door?"
"I can't the creature is stronger than me, and so is the door. It is the master and the boss of all of us. It doesn't commands us often, and doesn't need to be feed often. It will come out when it's ready."

沒有留言: